Work
I must be crazy.
With the knowledge that I have 3 major deadlines to meet the next 3 weeks, I'm still relaxing and playing my PS2. It is indeed evil. LOL.
Been applying for jobs. But, it's like on one hand I don't want to work here, but on the other, I do? LOL. Applied for companies like ExxonMobil (by accident), FosterWheeler (some Engineering and Procurement company), GSK (GlaxoSmithKline for those who are wondering) and CadburySchweppes(I'm sure everyone knows them..). Need to apply for ICI and might try out MW Kellogg or Davy Process Technology. Was thinking of applying back to my old company which has a branch here. Hrms. I just hate the fact that the recruitment process here is such a pain.
Imagine them throwing questions to you about times when you solved a difficult problem and asking you to elaborate on that, or questions that ask you about teamwork, or difficult decisions. What is their problem man...? LOL. But then again, they're just looking for the best people for their companies. It's a big risk applying here. But actually, there's no loss for me. Cos if I don't get a job here, I know where I'm meant to be.
The two major factors against me for these applications is the fact that I'm not a EU or UK citizen, and 2ndly I don't have a legal working permit...not sure if the one given by the SEGS scheme is counted. The companies state that they will only be able to offer us the position if they cannot find anyone suitable from the EU or UK. So what are the chances? Hahahaha..slim.
Pfft.
On the other hand, my industrial supervisor for my design project on the methanol plant is coming down on thursday to give us a hefty 3 hours of consultation. And best part, we haven't got much done to show him. Shit.-_-
Stress knows no end. I'm just trying to survive these last 3 weeks...before I head down to London for Christmas!:D hahaha...so yea, I shall stop here now.
*edit* I actually wrote this yesterday but was too busy with PS2 and forgot to post it up. Nothing much happening. I'm getting in the mood of work..zz...